Spotify is a big international platform where you can find thousands of songs and your favorite artists. It allows you to create different playlists connected by a theme of your pick.
To share your playlist with a friend you need to have the Spotify app installed on your phone or tablet and then pick the Croup Session feature. Further, we will provide a little guide that helps you do that quicker.
What You Need to Know About Spotify Group Session
If you are in the mood to listen to some music or a podcast, you can invite your friends to join you on Spotify. Right now, Group Session is available only to Premium users, and the number of listeners cannot be more than five. There you can listen to your favorite playlist at the same time with your friends.
This feature was presented in May 2020. Spotify has only recently allowed connecting with other people in a different region than you, previously you had to be in the same location. Please note that you can’t use this tool on your desktop right now, it can be accessed only from your phone or tablet.
Create a Listening Party
When you enable the Group Session, users you’ve invited will have the controls to the queue. It allows you to stop, skip, play, or add tracks of anyone’s liking. Right now, the feature does not allow the host to lock the controls, so there won’t be any mix-ups, but since the whole tool is still in testing, Spotify will probably take this to note and add this choice in one of the new updates.
To create a Listening Party follow these easy steps:
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Select a podcast episode or song. To make your experience better, we recommend you choose a song from a playlist, so the Session doesn’t accidentally end on one composition.
- Pick the Connect icon, which you can find in the bottom-left corner; it looks like a small computer.
- After, there you can find the Start Session button. If you want to join the Session instead, then pick the Scan to Join option. A window will pop up, allowing you to scan a QR code, which will automatically connect you to your friend’s session.
- Tap Invite Friends.
- Now you can decide on an invitation method, which is more convenient for you. It can be a short link via the Copy Link button, a text on the social media platform of your choice. Unfortunately, if you want to chat with your friends during the session, you will have to use some other messenger app because Spotify currently does not have such a function.
- When you are done with your Session, select the left-facing arrow to go back to the Connect screen.
- Pick End Session.
How to Share Some of Your Liked Songs
Liked Songs tab has all of your favorite tracks in it, from there you can add different compositions to a new playlist. If you want to share a specific song with someone, instead of sending a full set of songs, all you have to do is:
- Open Spotify on your device.
- Go to Liked Songs on the left panel on your desktop or the far right tab on your phone to the Your Library part.
- Pick a song you want to share.
- Use the right-click or tap three little dots near the track name.
- Go to Share
- From there you can choose to either send a link to the track with Copy Song Link or send it to someone with a Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp.
- If you want your song to be shown on a website, choose the Embed Track option, which will give you a part of a code you need to paste to the web page.
Spotify is a great app to share your favorite songs or playlists with your friends. Now you can also create Sessions to enjoy the tracks you like with the whole company. Will you use this feature? Do you like Spotify as a music streaming platform? Share your opinion in the comments below.